Note – Club Races were SUSPENDED from March to mid July due to coronavirus. On 21st July we started a reduced calendar of events. – click here for guidelines on how to enter and how to stay safe at the event.
Ards Cycling Club organises a full programme of club races for its members from April through to September. Time trials, where riders race individually against the clock, are a great introduction into the world of bike racing. When you get fitter, and more comfortable riding in a group, then you might want to try our club road races as well.
Most races take place on Tuesday evenings – the revised 2020 calendar is listed below. Links to the courses, and the results, are on the calendar. Normally various trophies are awarded annually for competition in club races (click here for more details of these), but we’ll need to review the list this year given the reduced racing calendar.
We also award medals for riders reaching certain standard times in time trials. For a list of the standard times for each age group, click here.
2020 Club Calendar (REVISED)
- Tuesday 21st July, 7pm, 10-mile TT, Millisle Results here.
- Tuesday 28th July, 7pm, 10 k straight in TT, Greyabbey. Results here.
- Tuesday 4th August, 7pm, 10-mile TT, Millisle Results here.
- Sunday 9th August, 9.30am, Champ of Champs 25-mile TT, Saltwater Brig Course Results here
- Tuesday 11th August, 7pm, 10 k straight in TT, Greyabbey Results here
- Tuesday 18th August, 7pm Road Race, Carrowdore Event Cancelled
- Tuesday 25th August, 7pm, 5-mile TT, Donaghadee Road Results here
- Tuesday 1st September, 6:30pm, Hill Climb, Bradshaws Brae Results here
- 12/13 September, Club run. Event cancelled.
- Friday 25th December, 10am, 10-mile TT, Portaferry Road. Results here
For calendars and results from previous years, click here.
And for the record, our original 2020 calendar is here.