Note – club runs are currently suspended due to Coronavirus restrictions. Click here for more details.
At the core of Ards Cycling Club are our club runs. These are a great way to get started in club riding. Note – you will need a licence (which gives you third party insurance) if you want to take part in these rides regularly. Also note that a helmet is compulsory.
Keep an eye on Facebook for updates on these runs.
- 9:00am Nero’s Newtownards – 50-60 miles and average about 19mph.
- 9:00am Nero’s Newtownards – 50 miles and average about 17 mph.
- 9:30am Comber Square – Ladies Run – 20 mile loop.
- 9:30am Comber Square – 40-50 miles and average 16-18mph. New comers are welcome but should have a base level of fitness and be able to maintain a 15mph average over this distance.
- 9:30am Comber Square – Ladies “Greenway” Run – 15-20 miles – 12-15mph.
- 9:30am Comber Square – Ladies “Hilly” Run – 20-35 miles – 12-15mph.
- For the really keen, a group also leaves Nero’s at 7am, 35-40 miles.
There is a coffee stop midway on all runs.
We also run mid week evening club runs during the summer months – they’re listed on our club calendar here.