A couple of weeks ago we announced that the club was planning to restart club racing on 21st July, and published a draft calendar – see here. We’ve now got some more details on how this will work.
Note 1 – These guidelines may be updated as we learn more. In particular, extra guidelines may be added for the proposed club road race and club run.
Note 2– Club Runs are still suspended for now.
Guidelines for Participants and Attendees at Ards CC Events
- Participants must possess a Sport Ireland Covid-19 Course Certificate.
- Register online at Eventmaster and, if required, pay entry fee as directed.
- Read the briefing material emailed before event.
- Complete a Self-Assessment Personal Screening Questionnaire on the day of the event, before travelling to event. Note – this form needs to be completed prior to each event you’re taking part in.
- Be prepared to arrive at the event carpark already in your cycling kit.
- Bring your own personal drinking bottles & food to the event. No sharing.
- Riders travel alone or with a maximum of one supporter.
- Wash hands before leaving home. Bring hand sanitizer & use frequently.
- Always implement social distancing, coughing/sneezing etiquette & good hygiene.
At the Event
- Car park: Enter and exit car parking as directed.
- Always social distance, no congregating.
- Rollers/turbos may be used in the car park area. Warming up is NOT permitted on the course or in the cordoned start area.
- Start Area: Cordoned holding area holds 3 riders, socially distanced.
- Steward at car park calls riders 5 minutes before their start time.
- Start is from a one-foot stance.
- If a rider misses their start time, they will return to the car park and start after the last rider.
- After finishing event, riders must leave immediately. Nobody can approach the Timekeeper.
After the Event
- Results will be posted on the club website and Ards CC Facebook page.
- Cash prizes (if any) will be via bank transfer (eg. Champion of Champions).
- Riders should take home any rubbish, waste etc.
- Marshalling equipment must be cleaned of dirt and sanitized.
Stay safe out there, and we hope to see you soon.
Finally, here’s a reminder of the draft calendar –
- Tuesday 21st July, 7pm, 10-mile TT, Millisle
- Tuesday 28th July, 7pm, 10 k straight in TT, Greyabbey
- Tuesday 4th August, 7pm, 10-mile TT, Millisle
- Sunday 9th August, 9.30am, Champ of Champs 25-mile TT, Saltwater Brig Course
- Tuesday 11th August, 7pm, 10 k straight in TT, Greyabbey
- Tuesday 18th August, 7pm Road Race, Carrowdore
- Tuesday 25th August, 7pm, 5-mile TT, Donaghadee Road
- Tuesday 1st September, 6:30pm, Hill Climb, Bradshaws Brae
- 12/13 September, Club run
- Friday 25th December, 10am, 10-mile TT, Portaferry Road