Today saw another great edition of the Tour of Ards, sponsored this year by Boyd Rice Solicitors.
We were again blessed with great weather, and the 80 competitors charged round the 75 mile course at over 25mph. Lindsay Watson (Powerhouse) won by a single second from a group of six led in by Luke Smith (BioRacer), with the main bunch a further 30 seconds behind.
|4||Gareth O’Neill||Newry Wheelers||s.t.|
|5||James Curry||Dan Morrissey Pactimo||s.t.|
|6||Darnell Moore||Caldwell Cycles||s.t.|
|A2||Mark McKinley||Newry Wheelers|
|A3||Adam Skeet||Northern Dave Kane|
|Vet||Des Woods||Newry Wheelers|
|Jun||Cieran Dixon||Team Type 1 Junior Team|
|Ards||Andrew Hedley||Ards CC|
|KoH||Darnell Moore||Caldwell Cycles|
Thanks to everyone who helped to make it such a fantastic event –
- Our sponsors – Boyd Rice Solicitors, Agnew VW, Victory Chimp, Romas, The Belgian Project and Ray Brownfield.
- The Police, who supplied a control car and 7 police motorbikes.
- The static marshals and 6 moto marshals, who helped to keep the race safe.
- Everyone who helped with the catering at the finish (and the start).
- St John Ambulance.
- St Patrick’s parish hall.
- The commissaires
- And all the riders and supporters.
Here are some more photos from today’s race.
And finally – for those with a shoe fetish – guess the owners of these fine specimens…